Wednesday, April 11, 2018

At what point is nakedness natural?

The other day I had a thought provoking conversation with the man who was helping me to organize my room. He told me his story about how at one time he didn't have a place to live and he asked an older lady from the church if he could rent a room at her house. She agreed and he became a renter at her house. He did his handyman thing and she did her retired lady thing until one day she had a stroke. Shortly after, she had another. He became her caregiver and gave her the daily medication, fed her and bathed her. I didn't say anything, but I thought to myself her nakedness was totally natural. It was like washing someone's hands. You don't think about it in a sexual way. You just do it. I wish that we could all accept the human body in this way. Let me be a fabric freedom advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment